Place-Based Economic Development – The Denver Fast Tracks Story
Aldrete, Laura. Parsons Brinckerhoff PlaceMaking Group 17 September 2012.
“RTD Policy on Transit-Oriented Development
• Reflect federal emphasis on livable communities
• Broaden definition of success from ridership and revenue to ridership, revenue, and fostering livable communities
• Mixed-income housing policy
• What would a PPP look like?
– Development that occurs on and adjacent to RTD property
– Requirescoordinationbetween RTD and a private entity
• What does a transit system get out of it?
– Help create livable communities”